PhD programs at International University, VNU.HCM is designed to meet the demands for every postgraduate, particularly flexible schedule, creative teaching methods and opportunities to study abroad. There are 4 PhD programs at International University, as following:
- Business Administration
- Biomedical Engineering
- Public Management
I. PHD APPLICATION DOCUMENT (download mẫu tại đây)
1. Research proposal
A research proposal clearly describes the research area and research topic; overview of the relevant research papers; aims, objectives and expected results; study and research plan; experience, knowledge and preparation for the research topic; reasons to choose this program and suggestion for the advisor.
2. Acceptance letter from the advisor
Acceptance letter(s) from at least one scientist holding the title Associate Professor or Doctor of Science; or 02 scientists with doctoral degrees are co-guides as mentioned in the attached list. In case the applicant suggests for advisor(s) who is not mentioned in the list, it must be approved by the school before submitting the application.
Requirements for the advisor(s):
- Knowledge and experience relevant to the research proposal;
- First author of at least: one ISI/Scopus journal article, or 02 scientific papers published on international journals with reviews, or 02 reports on international conference yearbook with reviews, or 01 chapter of a reference book with ISBN code issued by a foreign publisher related to the research proposal within 05 years from the date of receiving instructions.
- Has been or is currently a chairman of a scientific and technology project from the institutional level above.
* Advisor(s) who do(es) not currently work in the education unit, this information must be clearly shown in the scientific resume certified by the working agency.
- Postgraduates who have maximum 02 advisors, at least 01 is a permanent staff of the education unit, or the advisor has a teaching and research contract during the instruction period.
- In case the advisor(s) do(es) not hold the title Professor or Associate Professor, he/she must have graduated with a PhD degree for at least 3 years by the date of receiving the instructions and have at least 02 ISI/Scopus journal articles.
3. Referral letters
02 referral letters from lecturers or researchers who hold the title Professor or Associate Professor, or Doctor of Science or Doctorate in the same discipline. These letters must have comments and evaluation of the candidate’s capacity and qualities, such as:
- Ethical qualities, especially professional ethics;
- Specialized skills;
- Working methods;
- Research ability;
- Strengths and weaknesses;
- Professional growth prospects;
- Other comments and levels of support and recommendation.
4. Curriculum vitae and scientific resume (with confirmation from the local or work agency).
5. 02 notarized copies of the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, and academic transcripts of each degree.
6. Evidence of Scientific publications within the latest 3 years.
7. English certificate (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL iBT 46).