DURATION: 3 – 4 years
TEACHING LANGUAGE: English
LOCATION: Thu Duc Campus
Program code: 9420201
Education level: PhD
Form of education: Formal (full-time)
Education unit: School of Biotechnology, International University, VNU-HCM
There are up to 1800 undergraduate and graduate candidates in different majors of School of Biotechnology: Biotechnology, Food Technology, Aqua-science, Biochemistry and Chemical Engineering. The academic program is built on other advanced programs that can address practical needs in the country, as well as develop a new technology in biotechnology and provide up-to-date knowledge and modern techniques for candidates. With the desire to become a prestigious research and training center in the country and the world, School of Biotechnology s making efforts to develop close relationships with prestigious universities in the United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Europe and large domestic enterprises.
PhD course program in Biotechnology is designed to train high-quality staff who has updated biological knowledge in molecular, cellular levels and further techniques in modern biotechnology in the 21st century (genetic engineering, cellular reprogramming, assisted reproductive technology, pharmaceutical technology on the basis of biology), and other important skills that are important for scientists to work independently and study intensively.
The program is chosen and selected from many prestigious universities and institutions in the world. Moreover, School of Biotechnology has a team of dedicated lecturers and scientists who graduated with doctoral degrees from famous universities in the world with experience in post-doctoral research.
Teaching in English helps candidates quickly access to scientific advances in biotechnology. They also have the opportunities to join research groups at domestic and international institutions as well as work in universities, companies and research institutes after graduation.
- Career orientation and development
- The program provides well-qualified individuals in biotechnology with up-to-date knowledge in biological principles, cutting-edge technology (genetic engineering, cellular technology, fermentation methods, enzyme and protein technology) and other important skills.
- Academic programs take references from the world’s leading universities and research institutes so that candidates can easily apply for higher degrees and fully utilize the assistance of international partners.
- English-speaking environment helps candidates quickly access to new advances in biotechnology in the world, thus gain the opportunities to participate in the skilled research teams who are international partners of International University.
- Academic program
PhD of Biotechnology
Research-based, full-time program:
- A 3-year program for candidates who have Master’s degrees in Biotechnology or related fields (Case 1).
- A 5-year program for other cases (Case 2 & 3).
The program comprises 3 parts:
- Part 1 (5-30 credits)- Additional studies earned from subjects in Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in order to gain knowledge for research (Philosophy is included).
- Part 2 (15 credits) – Compulsory subjects at doctoral level, research seminars and general knowledge in essays.
- Part 3 (75 credits) – Scientific research and doctoral thesis:
- Develop and defend the research proposal.
- Conduct research and submit a midway-progress report.
- Conduct research and submit a dissertation.
- Reference academic program (click here for more information)
- Duration: 3 - 4 years
- Language: English
- Location: Thu Duc Campus
- Prerequisites: No
- Course Capacity: 50
- Certificate: No